PDA

View Full Version : Possible 2 player game:

Shadowlink839
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
I know you guys have probably heard this before, but new super mario bros. wii would make a great two player series for three reasons:
1. You and Roamin play at the same time and don't just take turns
2. My brothers and I have nicknamed it super greifing bros.
3. It's decently long, but not too long to get boring

Vance Landow
07-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Just going to take a guess here and say neither of them have a Wii.

Hunimyx
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Just going to take a guess here and say neither of them have a Wii.

Also, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is only a local multiplayer game, so they would have to meet up to play it. They live too far apart, and for now emulating Wii games is nearly unplayable (10-15 fps, max). While it's a good idea in theory, it could never happen.

W1LG3R
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
New Super Bros. DS also has a great two player mode, but they'd have to limit it to 3 recorded times per map in order to stop fans from getting bored.

There are some great item combos, so I might as well list my favorites.
Mushroom from hell: Blue Turtle Shell + Star
Super Stardust: Mini Mushroom + Star (As you may have guessed, this is ridiculously cheap as they never see what hit them)
Mega Mushroom: Enough said.

camzek
07-28-2011, 08:23 PM
for now emulating Wii games is nearly unplayable (10-15 fps, max). While it's a good idea in theory, it could never happen.

actually the dolphin emulator has done a good job which has also got gamecube games aswell at better graphics capabilities

Subverto
07-29-2011, 12:06 AM
now that W1LG3R mentions it, if it has it, i'd love to see Super Mario 3D, if there's even a way to emulate 3DS games yet (without 3D of course)

Sugar
08-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Rob and I didn't even finish this game because I got way too angry at him pushing me off cliffs and jumping in my way.

Subverto
08-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Rob and I didn't even finish this game because I got way too angry at him pushing me off cliffs and jumping in my way.

I havent played this game with my brothers in forever, but a simple solution;
hold 1 or 2 and shake the conroller to pick the other guy up, then walk to a cliff and throw him off. I did it when my bros got in my way and jumped on my head =p

nyern
08-07-2011, 07:55 PM
You know what i would love to see... those old "Baldur's Gate: Dark alliance" games both 1 and 2. its like the D&D thing you did but its better character building stuff. I like 2 more than one.
P.S there are two secret characters that are unlock able; Drizzt Do'Urden and Artemis Entreri... both of whom are characters in the famous Legends of Drizzt books by author R.A Salvatore. Drizzt is the good on and Artemis is his arch enemy... that will be fun to do i think. plus the game is really well created off the rules of D&D with level progression and difficulty that work hand and hand.
hope you like it

lVlegabyte
08-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Nyern That sounds awesome! I remember playing the first one with a friend, it was the first time we pulled an all nighter. The second one is ehhh but I'd love to see the first one.

chompy
08-09-2011, 05:44 PM
what about Fallout 3? That would be awesome.

Blacknight
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
You should play superman 64! That would be funny

Blacknight
08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
They should play superman 64! That would be funny

PinkyTheWise
08-09-2011, 10:58 PM
what about Fallout 3? That would be awesome.

As great a game as that may be, It's simply not a 2 player game so it doesn't fit under this category. (Look at me sounding all smart. Its the name I guess.)

However, the idea could be used if Rob was willing to take up the reigns and do a show by himself again, which seems to be the problem in the first place. This could be a possible replacement show for Super Minecraft. It could also be New Vegas.

SO LISTEN UP ALL, FORWARD THIS TO ROB SO WE CAN GET THE IDEA ACROSS!!!
(we would also need a willing soul to purchase the game for him)

Agent Trap
08-10-2011, 04:36 AM
If rob is gonna take the reigns again, Amnesia the dark descent is the game i want him to play.

chompy
08-10-2011, 10:27 AM
As great a game as that may be, It's simply not a 2 player game so it doesn't fit under this category. (Look at me sounding all smart. Its the name I guess.)

However, the idea could be used if Rob was willing to take up the reigns and do a show by himself again, which seems to be the problem in the first place. This could be a possible replacement show for Super Minecraft. It could also be New Vegas.

SO LISTEN UP ALL, FORWARD THIS TO ROB SO WE CAN GET THE IDEA ACROSS!!!
(we would also need a willing soul to purchase the game for him)
I thought it was. someone told me that fallout 3 was. if that doesn't work, then what about crackdown?

PinkyTheWise
08-10-2011, 01:20 PM
If we want to stick to the idea of 2Player ideas, here's one. I remember Rob saying back in the Super Powers episode of the Grr podcast, that he was a fan of the Super Nintendo's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 4: Turtles in Time, so why not that. I looked it up and it turns out to be a 2Player game, so i think that would be a logical step.

Here's a link for the Rom if you want test it out Rob.

-Link Deleted-

SuprSmsh
08-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Well since this has basically turned into a suggestion thread, I guess a throw my hat in. "Army of Two" would be pretty sweet to see them play, one of the best coop game I've ever played.

Bailey
08-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Well, there's a thread like this already. Try to search before you make a thread so that there aren't repeats.

http://www.urealms.com/showthread.php?434-Unofficial-Game-Vote-Thread

nyern
08-10-2011, 05:37 PM
oh you know what would be really great to see for a short time besides the "Baldur's Gate" stuff i mentioned earlier... "Alien Hominid" (gamecube version). that would be so funny to watch them kill each other instead of the bad guys. and it has the game play mechanics the these guys are doing a lot of lately.

Blacknight
08-20-2011, 02:11 PM
They should play left for dead 2. It's on steam for only 20 dollar.

Targos
08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
How about some old classics like Diablo 2?

Bigg0207
08-21-2011, 05:19 PM
I'd have to say that out of all of the games I've played on the snes, Kirby Super Star had to be the best game out there. I would love to see Rob and Roamin play this. Its one of those games that I played constantly because of how much entertainment value it had. It's such a good coop game too.

Terezar
08-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Teenage mutant ninja turtles 4 Turtles in time
gauntlet
ghostbusters
Rampage
SCAT
thundercade
the three stooges (yes there is an NES 3 stooges game)
captain commando
Pop'n Twinbee
American Gladitors

A lot of these are a little more obscure than what most people will be uggestiong, but lots of fun possibilities here

Piemonkey321
08-21-2011, 06:59 PM
NIM: http://www.archimedes-lab.org/game_nim/nim.html

Freelance
08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Ideas I have for possible 2-players
1.SMB3
2.Pokemon Rumble(Wiiware)
3.LoZ Oracle of Ages/Seasons(done similarly to Pokemon, and doing linked games afterwards.)
4.LoZ Four Swords Adventure

Damian1335
08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Those seems like some pretty cool idea for games freelance.
Also on the note of left for dead, that would be awesome for them to play

brightside
08-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Guys guys guys hey guys guys guys

You know what they should play next?!?!?!?

Dungeons and Dragons Online

That would make the best videos ever like for realz...

http://www.fastfoodsafari.com/images/trollface_ftw_by_6661_apocalyptik-d3apyms.png

troytaylor2
08-24-2011, 12:27 AM
you know l4d 1+2 aint really got a story and gets updates now (latest lfd update includes a GIANT m-50)

hkplayer
08-24-2011, 01:35 AM
My suggestion is either Super Mario bros 3 or N+

Blacknight
08-27-2011, 10:26 PM
They should play the original Warcraft

Bt968
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
how about bishi bashi special for the ps1

Lumberjacket
09-05-2011, 01:42 AM
They should play through some Borderlands. They could even have a comp to add people to the game for some special episode

mastermind
09-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Because SoM was so good, they should play the first game in the series. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons:_Tower_of_Doom)

tSavvy
09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
What about Dead Island now that its finally out. I hear it was developed with multiplayer in mind. Could be a fun few episodes and can show more people if the game is really worth it. Just a thought.

Takerofsouls
12-19-2011, 11:53 PM
I think if Rob could find a way for roamin and him to play The Legend of Zelda 4 Swords the possible humor would keep me entertained for many hours.

W1LG3R
12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS8WjhnT9Eo

Thomas Crackel
02-28-2012, 09:33 AM
This would be epic. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DS-22uhirsPY&ei=8tZMT7kgqfbSAae8yecC&usg=AFQjCNHZ5UbrBbU6QihhGTYavUGHzQm3uQ

W1LG3R
03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Mari0 would be awesome.

Goldeathorus
03-28-2012, 07:40 AM
I think if Rob could find a way for roamin and him to play The Legend of Zelda 4 Swords the possible humor would keep me entertained for many hours.(I know that this's an old post, but what the hell. I didn't see it before anyway) I think that No$GBA may have networking fixed by now. I know that it's creator was working on it the last time I checked.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Rob and Roamin've both played it's sequels before, but I suggest the original Dungeon Siege and/or Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna would be awesome.

AnatronMan
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
They should play through some Borderlands. They could even have a comp to add people to the game for some special episode

Rob mentioned in his Oblivion play through that he had played through Borderlands and had been kind of disappointed. I will say that doing Borderlands 2 when it comes out could be a pretty interesting possibility.

SirSchmoopy
03-30-2012, 04:46 PM
I'll do a two player for diablo as long as roamin has the free time. I dunno how much of the "funnies" it will be, but I know it's the one game he's been pumped for since it was announced.

No promises though, he might just wanna do it in his spare time.

Sideshow Bob
03-31-2012, 05:25 PM
I'll do a two player for diablo as long as roamin has the free time. I dunno how much of the "funnies" it will be, but I know it's the one game he's been pumped for since it was announced.

No promises though, he might just wanna do it in his spare time.

That might be a good time to invite maybe 1-2 other people to play along with you with you guys. *hint* *hint*

Ok moving past that obvious self-promotion, I've been looking forward to Diablo 3 for years and the only thing better then finally getting my hands on the game finally would be to see Roamin and you play it. So this here's hoping this happens!

Thomas Crackel
06-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Zelda Ocarina of time multiplayer if you ever do more of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcqJwK69Myg

(best tutorial for it, inclueds quite a bit of bug fixes and most of it is pre-done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9qhJATrXiI )

Terezar
06-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Just some new ideas that I think would be awesome for two player (or more)

Artemis: Spaceship bridge simulator. The demo is free and it allows for three players, a Captain, a Helm, and a Tactical officer. Basically you are officers on the bridge of a starship, not unlike the enterprise, and you are given different tasks you must complete. Each player can only see their roles screen (so helm cant see what the captain sees or what tactical sees) and th ecaptain gets no controls at all, they have to give orders to the player whose screen they wish to view. I think with Rob as captain and Gaary and Roamin as officers, we could see hilarious space shenanigans as they fail epically at defending people in need lol.

Other ideas:
Dokapon Kingdom for the DS (hilarious game where the idea is to make as much money as you can while screwing over the other players as much as possible)
Super Mario Bros 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: turtles in time
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers: a two player platformer
Crisis force: a 2 player shmup
Magic Sword

th8827
12-08-2012, 01:42 AM
If you are still taking recommendations, I would like to suggest Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, for the Gamecube. It can have up to 4 players, so I recommend bringing someone else along to carry the chalice, so both of you can fight. Youy can even add Gary or Sugar on as the fourth slot, and have Four Players!

Lost Vikings, for the SNES, is also a great old game with 2 players... and 3 controllable characters that you have to simultaniously guide through the levels. One guy can jump, one guy can fight, and one guy can block things with his shield. All three have to reach the exit to beat the stage. The camera centers around player 1, so Roamin will have to stay near you. He won't die by going off screen, but he can accidentally kill himself.

superstuff
04-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Don't know if it has been said yet, but Scribblenauts Unlimited. It usually makes good lets plays and would probably be really funny.