Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rob should publish the rules for unforgotten realms.

Hot forumers have problems too, we're just like you, except we're hot.
    I don't see how a kickstarter would help. It wouldn't generate ANY money. Mostly because 75% of Rob's fans are 14 year olds with no money to their name, and another 15% are lazy adults that won't donate shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSchmoopy View Post
    Okay? So I should do a fund raiser so it fails and we can then post a picture when stuff like this comes up?
    Sounds good.

BRB Masterbating in public.

Editor in Chief of Forum Inquirer Thunderclaw's Avatar
    And then Bloodmorn won everything.

Again.

Adventurer
    Okay? So I should do a fund raiser so it fails and we can then post a picture when stuff like this comes up?
    I would hope it would succeed. If it did fail I would post a pic when the same thing comes up again along with the caption "should have put your money where your mouth is".

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Croston View Post
    I would hope it would succeed. If it did fail I would post a pic when the same thing comes up again along with the caption "should have put your money where your mouth is".

I have already done fundraising for UR. Why on earth would I try to do it for a book. Like I said, it's a cool idea, but it would take time. 6 month's minimum of writing and editing. That mean's at the very minimum I would need 25,000 grand just to be able to take the time to work on it and that's before looking up costs and being very efficient with my time. So please don't be assholes and put polls up on facebook about it which I then have to take down when I already clearly stated this isn't something I have the time or money to do and while I'm sure there's a solid 200-300 fans that would pick one up, that just isn't enough to do a fundraiser. Plus what if I want to do a UR fundraiser in the future for something else? I wouldn't want to already have a failed one right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance Landow View Post
    I don't see how a kickstarter would help. It wouldn't generate ANY money. Mostly because 75% of Rob's fans are 14 year olds with no money to their name, and another 15% are lazy adults that won't donate shit.
    Holy shit you're a psychic!

I'm a 14 year old with no money!

Actually, that's due to spending like $1000 on a laptop. I'll have SOME money soon.

PS the reason I wouldn't buy the DVD is it's so much easier to watch online. Try advertising some products you create on the PML... Occasionally. I WOULD buy a rulebook, however, especially if it came with dungeon tiles. I've never liked graph paper because no one else can imagine what's going on...

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... BOOM! (creeper)
    More people need to learn about this. Rob puts a lot of work into URealms, MC servers (seriously, how does he do half of that?), and everything else he does. It would be nice if he could get recognized...
    Last edited by Tolvan; 04-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.

How do the people who bought the DVD effect the fact that not enough were sold in the first place? Everyone who bought the DVD were supporting the show, that doesn't effect not selling enough.
    now, i don't know enough about how this stuff works, and this is off the subject of a rule book, but why don't you try selling Unforgotten Realms season one on itunes as digital copies? the only problem i remember with the DVD was it took 6 months or so for the company to finally send the copies out, and it ended up(at least for me) costing $40 with shipping and handling; with digital copies that would remove problems like just trying to get the product shipped and pricy shipping and handling fees. from the sounds of it, i guess you stopped making the DVDs if they are sold out, but with a digital copy, it'd never be sold out, new people who just started watching UR can also buy it if they want to, and you might be able to make more money since that DVD company won't be charging you for making the DVDs. i don't know all the technicalities of doing something like that though, so it could be so much harder than i think it is, but i thought i'd just throw the idea out there

Locked because ow.

Thread Information