Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rest of us Music Share Thread

Adventurer
    Loligagging has his own music share thread so I thought the rest of us should have one too, and I know there is a "what are you listening now thread" but this is different.

Rules:
    One band/musician per post.
    One embeded video per band/musician (to keep page loading times to a minimum).
    You can make as many recommendations as you'd like but please don't spam, if you're posting a recommendation every other post then you're doing it wrong and I'll have to put a rule in.
    They don't have to be esoteric bands/musicians, just your favorite most share worthy band/musician (if you really love N'sync and want to share it, go ahead).
    Avoid publicly judging others music tastes, this a share thread not an opinions thread (Just don't bash stuff, you can say you liked something but just make sure you follow this next rule).
    You have to share something with every post (So if you want to let someone know how much you loved what they posted you have to add something of your own).

Optional but Recommended
    Explain what Genre the band/musician is
    Brief synopsis on why you like it
    Album art
    Download Links

Follow these simple rules and I'm sure we can make this an amazing repository of quality music and hopefully give our fellow forumers some great eargasms.

I'll go first:

Cancerslug - Nadia

WARNING NSFW

Download Link

Password: http://unitedpunks.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 02-03-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Hot forumers have problems too, we're just like you, except we're hot.
    The Bouncing Souls - Manthem

Last edited by Vance Landow; 02-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Loligagging
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Rules:
    You don't need to offer download links, if someone likes what you posted they can do that work themselves.
    Good idea, but I don't like this rule. Getting a DL link for your album is as easy as googling "band name - album name site:mediafire.com"
    Lots of forumers are lazy so they'll be more likely to check out your album if you do all the work for them, no matter how easy it is. Also be sure to give genre descriptions and if you like you can explain what you like about the album. Just a YouTube sample may not be enough convincing for some people and they may not even give your sample a try if they don't know what it is. This also helps so people who don't like certain genres won't waste their time. Also please don't share albums that you just like a few songs from, consistent albums are the ones you want to be sharing. You'll also want to stay away from greatest hits albums. Album art looks pretty too.
    Last edited by Loligagging; 02-03-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Foreverpandering - Lilly

Not amazing, but I like it.

Chief Grammar Editor of Forum Inquirer Shadow's Avatar
    Lamb of God - Ruin

Probably NSFW

Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Loligagging View Post
    Good idea, but I don't like this rule. Getting a DL link for your album is as easy as googling "band name - album name site:mediafire.com"
    Lots of forumers are lazy so they'll be more likely to check out your album if you do all the work for them, no matter how easy it is. Also be sure to give genre descriptions and if you like you can explain what you like about the album. Just a YouTube sample may not be enough convincing for some people and they may not even give your sample a try if they don't know what it is. This also helps so people who don't like certain genres won't waste their time. Also please don't share albums that you just like a few songs from, consistent albums are the ones you want to be sharing. You'll also want to stay away from greatest hits albums. Album art looks pretty too.
    I'll add these to the OP as suggestions, my goal in this was to try and make this accessible to everyone and I don't know if you've noticed this but quite a few our forumers are very lazy.

Loligagging
    I'll add these to the OP as suggestions, my goal in this was to try and make this accessible to everyone and I don't know if you've noticed this but quite a few our forumers are very lazy.
    At this point it's really no different than the what are you listening to now thread though, seeing as how people are just sharing single songs.

Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Loligagging View Post
    At this point it's really no different than the what are you listening to now thread though, seeing as how people are just sharing single songs.
    I guess for me there is a difference between what I'm currently listening to, and what I would recommend to this forum.

Loligagging
    I guess for me there is a difference between what I'm currently listening to, and what I would recommend to this forum.
    I'm sure a lot of the people who post in that thread aren't listening to what they link. It'd just be a lot better to share albums than singles in my opinion.

In the heart of .................... indecision.
    I agree with everything Ciffy has been saying. This is how it's meant to be done.

Taylor Swift - Fearless

County, Pop

Download
    Last edited by Salsychinchilla; 02-03-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information