Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Salsy's BlazBlue Mafia [Variant] - GAME OVER, TOWN VICTORY

In the heart of .................... indecision.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A SALSY GAME. COMPLEXITY WOULD PROBABLY BE RATED BETWEEN "I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON BUT I'LL GO WITH IT" AND "WHAT THE F*CK DID I JUST SIGN UP FOR, SERIOUSLY."

BlazBlue is a series of fighting games developed by Arc System Works as the spiritual successor to their earlier series, Guilty Gear. Most widely recognized as the anime styled 2D fighter with an actual story, it quickly developed a following of players looking for characters with unique personalities and fighting styles. I could go into depth about the plot, but I'd probably just end making everything far more confusing than it already is (what with timeloops, timetravel, science magic, etc). Instead, here's the tvtropes page.

While, yes, I could run the actual flavor of the game, seeing as the same era keeps repeating with various outcomes, I've decided to instead use Ragna's gag reel route as the theme. This allows for antagonists losing their inherent "villainy" and protagonists losing their "heroic" traits. As such, flavor speculation will be largely irrelevant, though it may help to know the characters movelists *wink*. This also allows for less "dark and edgy" scenes and more "lolwut" shenanigans. Assuming you actually read any of it, don't worry about taking it seriously, it's not canon in any way, shape, or form.

WELCOME TO THE HUNT FOR THE CRIMSON GRIMOIRE

Rules:

-1.) I am the Mod. For all intents and purposes, this makes me God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. Though I am never wrong, reality warping paradoxes do happen. If such an occurrence appears, and it looks like I make a mistake, or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it. That, and I will beat reality for acting like such a jackass.
    -1a.) Refusal to accept my decision once I have made it clear that the decision is final will be punished by modkill or forced replacement (if applicable) and blacklisting. I have absolutely no tolerance for violations of this rule.
    -1b.) Unless Riyant/Wolfy say otherwise, I have the final say over whether a punishment is excessive.
    -1c.) Once I have announced that a rule has been broken, arguing with the moderator about a rule interpretation before the end of the game is punishable by modkill and/or blacklist, at my discretion. I don't expect you to agree with my decisions, but I DO expect you to be polite about your disagreements.
    -1d.) Under no circumstances should you argue your case, in thread, while the game is running.
    -1e.) Light Salmon is my mod color. Using it will be considered mod impersonation and shall result in a modkill.
    -1f.) Do not annoy the mod, the mod will annoy back.
    0.) Enjoyment is fine, but play to win. Never go against your Win Condition at any time.
    1.) This is a game. Make sure to have fun … or else. I do ask, however, that you refrain from having your fun at the expense of the other players in this game. In other words, stay classy and don't be a jackass. That being said, this is a game, so don't take things personally. Everyone is doing what they must to win. Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
    1a.) Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, etc. Please, use your common sense!
    1b.) If there is any question about whether something might break the rules, it's probably best if you don't do it or at least ask first. Use your brain, you should know what is and isn't acceptable.
    1c.) Rule 1 is a catchall rule; it is intended to preemptively outlaw any action I consider clearly unacceptable that I have not explicitly outlawed elsewhere, or for assigning a lesser punishment when I feel that the usual punishment for a rule violation would be too harsh. I will do my best not to use the first aspect of this rule, but if I decide that something qualifies as a Rule 1 violation then it is a Rule 1 violation. (See also Rule -1).
    1d.) Faking a violation of a rule will be treated as equivalent to actually violating that rule.
    2.) If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
    3.) Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill. I have zero tolerance for scumbuddy claims.
    4.) Do not quote role PMs. Violation of this rule will result in modkill. Role PM quoting includes word for word copy pasta, quoting links to QuickTopics if they so exist, or by paraphrases that in my judgment could only come from an actual Salsy PM.
    5.) You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
    6.) Each player has one vote and one vote only (but see Rule 2).
    7.) To help the game run smoothly, votes, lynches, FoS'es, etc should be made in bold text, and use the format Vote: XXXX. An unvote is NOT required to remove a vote or FoS but highly recommended for my sanity. To unvote, please use the format Unvote: XXXX.
    8.) If a majority of players are voting a player, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted.
    9.)You may talk during twilight (the time between a majority lynch and the coming modscene) unless I state otherwise.
    10.) Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 3 days (72 hours) in place. At the end of each deadline, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable, then I will extend the phase by one day (24 hours), to a maximum of twice the original deadline; a maximum of 6 days (144 hours). The maximum deadlines are not retractable.
    11.) If no one has reached a majority lynch by deadline, a No Lynch will occur, ending the phase and killing no one.
    12.) You may vote to No Lynch any number of times during the game. When at least 50% of players are voting No Lynch, a No Lynch will occur. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format Vote: No Lynch. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
    13.) Don't drink and post. (This rule is for Tropag and doesn't actually do anything.)
    14.) Nights will have a nonretractable deadline of 48 hours. Players are allowed to send in night choices before the end of the day.
    15.) When you die, stop posting. You may, however, make a single "Bah!"/"F*ck you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content, thoughts, or anything remotely relevant in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the my life easier.
    16.) All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 24 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 48 hours and upon reaching 72 hours, you will be replaced.
    16a.) If you have limited access, vacation, etc. you need to post to this effect, either via PM or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring absent status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
    16b.) If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
    16c.) Players who have a history of being lurkers may be Officially Warned for a first prod and replaced earlier.
    17.) Players may only use one activated ability per night (but see Rule 2).
    18.) Any player who is modkilled loses the game unless I specify otherwise. I will modkill in either the fashion that I deem least damaging to the game state or the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction, at my discretion.
    19.) I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).

Game Specific Rules:

1.) This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed.
    2.) The setup consists of 3-5 mafia with 0-1 serial killers. The are no cults, jesters, survivors, or any other third/neutral party in this game.
    3.) This is an Open Night game. As usual, lynching occurs during the day, actions are submitted at night and resolve at end of night (but see Rule 2). However, players are PERMITTED to talk in the thread during "night".
    4.) This game is uses a modified modified Smalltown design. Flavor role names of all players shall remain public throughout the entire game. However, role abilities shall still remain hidden.
    5.) Roles will be dispersed via a Draft. Upon signup, send me via PM, two numbers between 1-10. An example of this would be: (3,9). Order for character selection will go by lowest unique first numbers taking top spot, with second number for breaking ties. Players with identical pairs get dropped to the very bottom, regardless of uniqueness. In case of pair ties, duel rerolls shall commence.
    6.) Alignments shall be randomized, regardless of role and flavor, after the draft is complete.
    7.) This game has a special mechanic called Drive. At the end of each game day, each surviving player gains 25% drive. In addition, whenever a player is lynched, each player whose faction is not the same as the lynched player's faction gains 25% drive UNLESS a player from the same faction has been lynched for two days in a row. Drive will be used to power special abilities.
    8.) A player can never have more than 100% Drive at any given time. If a player would gain more than 100% Drive, they will instead be given the amount needed to reach 100%.
    9.) Some active abilities have a Drive cost. In order to use such an ability, a player must pay the indicated amount of Drive (deducting that much drive from his or her Drive). For example, a player with 75% Drive who uses an ability that costs 50% Drive will be left with 25% Drive when the ability resolves. A player cannot pay Drive he or she does not have. Drive costs are paid at the time the ability resolves; if a player no longer has sufficient Drive to pay for his or her ability at the time it resolves (due to an ability or other effect), the ability will not activate.
    Last edited by Salsychinchilla; 05-19-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Last edited by Salsychinchilla; 04-06-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Still Fighting (6/19)
    Tim - Jin (Town Roleblocker)
    Andy - Noel (Town Lynch Threshold Reducer)
    Ro3 - Kokonoe (Town Inventor)
    Rondait - Rachel (Town Redirector)
    Electro - Relius (Town Jailer)
    Vance - Platinum (Town Mimic)

Out of Stocks (13/19)
    Tiger - Makoto (Town Vanilla-izer) [D1]
    Fuzzy - Bang (Town Jack of All Trades) [N1]
    Guv - Litchi (Town Doctor) [N1]
    Blind - Arakune (Town Poisoner) [N1]

Ana - Ragna (Mafia Drive Master) [D2]
    Rise - Tager (Town PGO) [D3]
    Stealthy - Nu (Town Vig) [N3]
    TC Walrus - Tsubaki (Town Lookout) [N3]
    Pally - Mu (Town Linker) [N3/N2]

Bailey - Hazama (Mafia Time Bomb) [N3]
    Tropag - Hakumen (Mafia Bodyguard) [D4]
    Easy - Taokaka (Mafia Motivator) [N4]

Shadow - Valkenhayn (Town Delayed Vigilante) [N4]

Banned from Competition
    Green - Carl (Neutral Survivor - Previously Town Bulletproof Double Voter) [D3]

Important Events
    DRAFT RESULTS
    DAY 1 START
    DAY 1 END
    DAY 2 START
    DAY 2 END
    DAY 3 START
    DAYKILL
    DAY 3 END
    DAY 4 START
    DAY 4 END
    GAME END
    Last edited by Salsychinchilla; 05-19-2012 at 03:19 AM.

In the empty space that is my forum activity
    I am hesitant to join as I feel a little out of my depth here.

Chief Grammar Editor of Forum Inquirer Shadow's Avatar
    If you're referring to the large number of rules, here's a TL;DR:

- Don't piss off the mod.
    - Regular general mafia rules.
    Last edited by Shadow; 04-06-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Oh Jesús, I'm winded after reading all those rules.

Another giant Salsy game? I am SO /in.

EDIT: The only part of that video that made any sense to me at all was at 1:03 where the actually showed some gameplay. The rest was just a Square Enix shaped blur.
    Last edited by AnatronMan; 04-06-2012 at 04:08 AM.

SpaaaceMehreens
    Thanks for the preemptive sign up. ;D

I'm going to win this shit. /flex /flex /flex /flex /flex /flex

Green, make a decision.

Anatron and all future signups, I need this:

5.) Roles will be dispersed via a Draft. Upon signup, send me via PM, two numbers between 1-10. An example of this would be: (3,9). Order for character selection will go by lowest unique first numbers taking top spot, with second number for breaking ties. Players with identical pairs get dropped to the very bottom, regardless of uniqueness. In case of pair ties, duel rerolls shall commence.

Chief Grammar Editor of Forum Inquirer Shadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaaaceMehreens View Post
    I'm going to win this shit. /flex /flex /flex /flex /flex /flex
    God damn it, Pally...

/in. I will do better now that i'm off beer.

Thread Information