Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of King Shimo [Test Drive of Bebeca RPG System] (0/4)

----
    Last edited by mastermind; 12-05-2013 at 10:42 PM.

What culture is this based on? (Norse, Greek, English, etc.) From the names of the towns and what story you've put there, would the assumption that it's a cross between English and ancient Greek culture be correct? (Even though all of the non-human races listed in the thread with the rules in it are based on Norse mythology)

EDIT: Also, there are a number of things listed there with the notation that a GM must define whether they're necessary and, or available. These include starting equipment and a character's background.
    Last edited by Goldeathorus; 04-10-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeathorus View Post
    What culture is this based on? (Norse, Greek, English, etc.) From the names of the towns and what story you've put there, would the assumption that it's a cross between English and ancient Greek culture be correct? (Even though all of the non-human races listed in the thread with the rules in it are based on Norse mythology)

EDIT: Also, there are a number of things listed there with the notation that a GM must define whether they're necessary and, or available. These include starting equipment and a character's background.
    My apologies, I should have been more thorough.

The original post will be updated.

I believe that the correct term for a being possessed by a god is called an "avatar". Other than that one note, this looks pretty promising. I think that I'll reserve this spot for now.

Sorry for the double post, but I wonder why no-one else seems to have taken any interest in this thread...

Anyway, since I'm posting now, I may as well get started on a character. (The layout is just an assumption, as you didn't give an example or template.)

Name: Taenik Vindra (Pronounced "Tay - Nick, Vv - In - Drah")

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Race: Dwarf (B & C)
    Specialties:
    • Warrior
    • Magic

Armour: Full Plate (I don't know if you're allowing us to start with armour or if you're restricting what we can start with. If it's restricted, let me know and I'll lower it. If it's disallowed, let me know and I'll remove it.)

Weapons: Battleaxe (I don't know if you're allowing us to start with weapons. If it's disallowed, let me know and I'll remove it.)

Abilities: (This assumes that the two abilities per level rule still applies at level one.)
    • Melee Proficiency (Axes)
    • Double Strike
    • Fireball
    • Magic Missile

Description: Not yet complete.

Background: Necessity unconfirmed. (From the story you've got there, it looks like it's already explained. Other than that, you haven't said whether it's necessary or not.)

Name: Simon Renfield

Alignment: Neutral Chaotic

Race: Human

Specialties:

• Magic
    • Negotiator

Armour: Cloth Scholar's Robes

Weapons: Book of spells

Abilities:

• Aura of Flame
    • Magic Missle
    • Charm
    • Conversationalist

Description:

A full of himself scholar who's only two interests are the mysteries of magic and women.

Background: Not sure if you really need this.

Raven, thanks to the strange pronunciations and spellings that I've found from watching Gurren Lagann a while back, I don't know if I can trust my instincts on the pronunciation of the name Simon. Is it pronounced normally, (Sigh - Mm - On) or in the strange way (Sea - Moan) that Gurren Lagann does?

Sigh - Mm - On

You Know if you two joined "The Origins" RP, you cold probably convince Green and Sora to join this one. Then both games could get moving.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Ravenhall; 05-03-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Hey, Srry it took awhile. I got caught up in some stuff, but here it is!!!

Name: Eleros Malka (pronounced "El-Er-Oh's Mal-Kah")

Alignment: Lawful-Good (Neutral before the incident at his hometown)

Race: Elf

Specialties:

• Warrior
    • Magic

Armour: Slightly worn chain-mail, but worn underneath his tunic, with a cloth hood that he pulls over his head either in weather or to keep hidden as an elf.

Weapons: Dwarven Long Sword called "Xanada"

Abilities:

•Melee Proficiency (Swords)
    • Skill Bonus
    • Power Strike
    • Fireball

Description: A kind and honest young elf, he grew up with a very positive attitude and a strong will. He was taught, if it's possible, do it, if it isn't possible, make it. His mouth usually gets the better of him and doesn't really think about what he is doing or why he's doing it. But whenever his friends are at risk, he would immediately throw himself in harms way or offer himself to be in that place, instead of whoever was in trouble.

Background: Raised on a farm (which grew animals, crops and produce) in a human establishment, Eleros had quite a sheltered life, but was often stared at by the other children and inhabitants of the village, for looking like a strange version of a human... As most farmers are, he was trained in basic skills about growing crops and killing for food, but also learned (by himself) other useful (but not so useful unless your traveling) information, such as which herbs can be used as a temporary food supply and how to tell if your being followed by examining your own tracks. He grew up not knowing about Centaurs or Half-lings, or anything that was sentient other then Humans. When he was 12, on a trip towards a neighboring town that his family sold crops at, he accidentally came across a Dwarf and learned many things about the different races of the world. He soon became incredibly interested in learning as much as possible about each race as he could, even going so far as to attempt to learn all dialects of their languages. As he learned more about the inhabitants and the world he lives in, he gained an extremely large sense for adventure and decided on his 14th birthday, when he was old enough to fend for himself, he would venture out and explore the world, searching for adventure wherever it may be....but when it came time to leave, his town was attacked by a mysterious enemy. He rushed back to defend his family and friends, but all that remained of his home, were piles of burning wreckage. In his search of the bodies that lay across the small portion of land, he discovered that of his family. After he gave his father and brother a proper funeral, he gathered everything that he could from the remains of his house, including his family sword that had been given to his father as a gift from the Dwarves, which they called "Xanada" (Zen-Ada) and set out. He didn't know where he was headed, but he sadly knew that there was nothing left there for him....

Appearance: He is 6.0m tall. His hair is a dark brownish colour (the closest thing it would look like is the colour "Chestnut") which falls down to the end of his neck. He wears a light green tunic made from cloth, which has been dyed with different types of grasses and leaves. He also wears a belt on his waist. As well, he carries around a bow and arrows in a quiver on his back, along with his sword, which is inside a sheath strapped to his belt

Thread Information