Thread: Kickstarter?

A lot of groups have been using it, including Extra Credits, Order of the Stick, and video game companies. Perhaps it could be the solution to the monetary problems here as well? There's plenty of things you could offer as incentives at the different levels: Autographed sketches, Roamin T-shirts, Season 1 DvDs, Super Adventurer status for x amount of time, a character getting a cameo in the show, etc. Maybe make the highest level one "Lunch with Rob" or something like that. It's great, because you can set limits on how much of each award you have, so you don't go over and have to wait for a new shipment, and many people would be more than happy to help. Just a suggestion, make of it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Electromagnet View Post
    .. and many people would be more than happy to help.
    Who are these many people with money, and why didnt they buy the T-shirts, DVD's and super adventurer status when they were available?

Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromagnet View Post
    A lot of groups have been using it, including Extra Credits, Order of the Stick, and video game companies. Perhaps it could be the solution to the monetary problems here as well? There's plenty of things you could offer as incentives at the different levels: Autographed sketches, Roamin T-shirts, Season 1 DvDs, Super Adventurer status for x amount of time, a character getting a cameo in the show, etc. Maybe make the highest level one "Lunch with Rob" or something like that. It's great, because you can set limits on how much of each award you have, so you don't go over and have to wait for a new shipment, and many people would be more than happy to help. Just a suggestion, make of it what you will.
    Rob kind of addresses the Kickstarter idea in this thread Here.

Long story short I think the biggest thing keeping Rob for considering this as an option are that most of his fans are 14 and have no money, and that he basically did a fundraiser when he did the Season 1 DVD pre-orders and we all know how that worked out. I love the idea and i've seen it be super effective (there is a bad comic that is bad that raised over 30k with one...) but I just don't think Rob's fanbase is capable of anywhere near that. Not to say Rob isn't popular enough just that his fans are young.

If there ever was something like this I know i'd want to help as much as I could but I'm a small minority, an adult with some moneys.

Blog Entries
    Didn't he say something about beating a dead horse? The best way to support Rob right now is to share his work, episodes, stream, and such with your friends and people you know. :)

Thread Information